Thursday, June 12, 2008

Divoon

Siouxsie and The Banshees were in really heavy rotation on my stereo during my adolescence. I loved them, and their affiliates as well.
Friend: "Omigod, did you know Robert Smith was in Siouxsie and the Banshees before the Cure?"
Me: "Really? He is sooo awesome, I love his lipstick. I want to marry him. I am, like, totally depressed that he doesn't know who I am!"

Kiss Them For Me was one of the SATB songs that I loved in the 90's. Siouxsie looked so beautiful in this video, so different from her heavily made up gothy days. The title is borrowed from a Jayne Mansfield movie, for the song is a tribute to Mansfield herself. Mansfield lived in a pink mansion with a pink heart shaped pool and a pink champagne fountain. Sadly, she would die early one morning in a tragic car accident on the way to New Orleans for a TV appearance.


"Kiss Them For Me"

No comments: