Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mouse House

You may have noticed, if you've been reading my blog for a while, that I've been trying to expand the focus of my posting to include more subject matter. Music is one of my true loves, but I also am a huge admirer of art and all things beautiful and creative. So, in a general way, I am trying to make these things more present in my day to day life by searching them out. Including it all in my blog is a natural extension. I am having a lot of fun with it, and I hope that you, who read my blog, enjoy it too.

The Knife, brother and sister Olof Dreijer and Karin Dreijer Andersson, are from Sweden. The moody interiors of the mouse house are the perfect backdrop for the haunting effect of their vocals. This video for Marble House, by Chris Hopewell, is so gorgeously done. I can't even imagine how long it must have taken. All the tiny details make this something that needs several viewings in order to appreciate the craftwork.

"Marble House"

No comments: