Thursday, July 3, 2008

I hope your Fourth is the Bomb!


I'm going to be looking forward to BBQ and caipirinhas! I use Ypioca cachaça (rated 86 by Wine Enthusiast) and only $16.99 with a ClubBev card at Beverages and More.

Right after I graduated from high school I moved to New York to live with my boyfriend. One of the hot spots at the time was The Coffee Shop, on Union Square. That was where I first encountered the delicious caipirinha. It's truly the perfectly refreshing drink for a warm summer night. Lime, sugar and rum... delicious. I don't drink very often, and I made one each for me and Brian last night. They were pretty heady! They tasted really smooth, but I felt it. It must be all the sugar, vodka drinks do not make me feel like that. I could see how these could end up giving a massive hangover, which in my case would certainly mean a migraine. I made sure I had plenty of water before bed! With the warm, possibly hot weather tomorrow, coupled with sun, I'm going to make sure that we bring a LOT of club soda to drink tomorrow....

Caipirinha

2 comments:

/// said...

Your blog is SO LOVELY! :)

Megan said...

Thanks! I LOVE yours too!