Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cover Up! Satisfaction Edition

I introduce to you a new feature on A Rollerskating Jam, Cover Up!. It will include great cover songs and the originals, if they can be found in video form.

DEVO was an amazing group, I remember hearing them for the first time as a kid, and thinking that they were so fricking cool, nothing like I had ever heard before. Even my Dad was into them, and thought that they had a great concept. I love it when they pop up on my iPod (it's always on shuffle). When (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction came on today I suddenly came up with the Cover Up! concept. I have always wanted to make a bunch of cds using the same theme, there would be so many...

Enjoy!

"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
DEVO



"Satisfaction"
Rolling Stones

2 comments:

Jason said...

I like this idea. I'm a big fan of covers, at least the good ones. I love it when a great artist puts their own spin on an already great song. The Prince cover of just about anything he wants to cover comes to mind. On the other hand I hate when somebody lame takes a great song and drains the life out of it. The Wallflowers cover of Bowie's Heroes comes to mind.

Megan said...

I'm hoping to come up with good ones, but maybe every once in a while I'll throw in something horrid, as an example, for fun.