Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Everybody likes unicorns, don't they?

So I shall give one to you! It's kind of a anthropomorphized one, which is a bit My Little Ponyish, but whatev. I never got into unicorns, or horses, or ponies, and I was too old for My Little Pony. That was all my sister's action. Me, I was all about the books, and Barbie, for way too long. I don't know what the deal was with that. My sister and I just used to trash them, except for one, we would always have one good Barbie each.

Our cousin came to visit one time and fell apart because of the fact that we didn't have enough good ones for her to play with. We'd chopped the hair off the rest, or tried to dye their hair with that temporary hair dye-in-a-mousse, or did their make-up very poorly with pens, stuff like that. They were all very ratty indeed, and I'm sure we'd had no plans at all to share the two good ones. Camille, though cried foul, and said "You never have a good Barbie for me to play with!". It's one of those childhood moments that I remember quite vividly, because Camille was always just hangin' tight, so this must've been an issue that really chafed. I really hope that my sister or I let Camille play with a nice Barbie, but I don't know. Unfortunately little girls aren't all unicorns and rainbows, they often are sharp little teeth and scratchy fingernails.

Jamie Lidell's unicorn, while a little odd (it's a unicorn / human hybrid) gets to have a cool serenade, and that's groovy, so I don't mind adding this particular unicorn to my "likes" list. Lidell and the unicorn have some fun interactions, most definitely! I am a fan of Lidell's previous release, and if this is what the rest of the tracks off of his new album, JIM, are going to be like, it could end up being an album that I really might end up liking a lot.

"Little Bit Of Feel Good"

No comments: