Friday, August 22, 2008

Target hits a cosmetics trifecta!

While at Target last night I was really happy to see that they are carrying a new line of makeup from model Jemma Kidd called JK Jemma Kidd. It was hard to miss in it's vibrant , bright pink packaging. There aren't any images on their website as of yet. Prices start at $14 for eyeliner, and go up to $36 for eyeshadow compacts. Kidd has a well established cosmetics line in the UK.

A while back I posted about Sephora marking down all of their Napoleon Perdis makeup for what I correctly assumed was final sale. Well, it seems that their reason for doing so is that Perdis signed a contract to create a line for Target, as well as having some freestanding concept stores.

Last in the lineup will be Pixi products from Petra Strand. This is the one brand that I have yet to try. The prices will range from $12-39. With the advent of cosmetic superstores such as Sephora and Ulta, high end cosmetics have become more accessible, and more and more people are trying products that they previously would have simply read about in magazines. I think that Target is making a smart move by working with companies like this, they build a stronger client base. I know that as of late I have done more shopping there than ever before. I have bought a whole fall wardrobe there, and if I didn't have to go to a separate store for nice cosmetics, I'd be thrilled.

4 comments:

/// said...

I quite agree--- Target has certainly been making a lot of smart moves lately! :)

karey m. said...

how did i miss this?! just got back from my vacation, titled "what i did on my summer vacation at target."

scouring old posts! love love love.

Megan said...

karey, this just happened. JK Jemma Kidd stuff has just started appearing in stores as of last week, I think. I'm not sure the other two lines have debuted yet.

Sooo glad that you are back, I've missed you and hearing about the Girlie antics. They're my favorite little denizens of the internet.

mary s. said...

Oh, great. More money I'll be spending at Target!! ;)