Saturday, May 17, 2008

La Boda

Weezer's Red album is coming out on June 3 . In honor of the new album I shall post an old favorite, with a twist! Island In The Sun has two videos, the one below, which is the original, lesser known version, and the second, better known version which was directed by Spike Jonze. I like this one, the original. I'm fond of Mexican-American traditions, and family celebrations.They are always festive and colorful. I was always fascinated by the quinceañera, but had already turned fifteen by the time I learned about them, so there was no way I was going to be able to have one even if I could convince someone that I deserved one. The boda (wedding) and quinceañera have many similarities, the white dress, the ceremony as a rites of passage, religious rituals, and a large family gathering involving food, drink and dancing.

"Island in the Sun"

No comments: