Saturday, May 24, 2008

Joke Corner

Q: How many rude boys does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: Four. One to drop it and three to say Pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it Up!

That's one of the two jokes that I can remember when it's time to tell a joke. The other? :

Q:What's the difference between an onion and a mime?
A: Nobody cries when you cut up a mime.

Ha! Gets 'em every time! So stupid, that mime one, yet almost everyone laughs.

One of the very best shows currently on television is Yo Gabba Gabba. It has brilliant art direction, amazing music, and is almost too cool for school. It's amazing that it's for preschoolers, yet it's something that parents can watch too, without wanting to kill themselves. I don't even have kids, and I eagerly search out episode segments. Oh, and the dancers, they're famous, I don't have to tell you about Nathaniel, do I? The kid's had his 15 and then some and there's no way he has a freakin' inkling about Warhol.

So, here's a good example of why the show is genius, I'd love to play this song to get my imaginary kids cracking during clean-up time, and to introduce them to ska. The show is like a sneak attack, little moral lessons wrapped up in bombs of cool visuals and music that are so mesmerizing you don't know you're being taught to be such a good, interesting, well-rounded person until it's TOO LATE! I'm such a fan!

"Pick It Up"
by Gogo 13 featuring Alex Desert of Hepcat



"Pick It Up"

No comments: