Sunday, March 23, 2008

Pancakes with little squares on 'em

Many years ago I saw Tapeheads, an awesome movie from 1988 starring John Cusack, Tim Robbins, Don Cornelius, Junior Walker and Sam Moore. Even Jello Biafra has a cameo. It has the best soundtrack ever. I'm trying to find a copy of it right now. In any case, the movie brought my attention to the fabulousness that is Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n Waffles, a Southern California dining institution. After seeing this movie, I was itching to eat there. Nobody ever wanted to go with me, they all thought it was too weird sounding. Well, this past Christmas, my stalwart husband, sister, cousins, their partners and I all went. Hell yes! I had the Carol C. Special with a side of grits. Dee-licious.

http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/menu.html


Roscoe's Chicken 'n' Waffles commercial (from Tapeheads).

No comments: